We love all the “best of” lists that are so popular this time of year. It reminds us to take a break and reflect on all that we’ve accomplished. 2011 in a word was awesome. We are lucky to work with a great group of dedicated librarians, teachers, administrators, military members, families, students, tutors and teacher coaches. Here’s a few of the 2011 milestones and fun events that we’ll want to remember well into 2012.
- Our tutors completed 7 million one-to-one tutoring and career sessions (7,442,889 at publication)!
- We launched Tutor.com To Go™ Mobile App for iOS devices and followed up with an Android compatible online classroom. Students are regularly connecting to a tutor from their mobile device and loving getting help on the go.
- We LOVED these certified awesome videos about Tutor.com from horror to romantic comedy courtesy of military student, Chris L.
- Melissa S.’s amazing math journey made possible by Clinton Macomb Public Library and Tutor.com made us proud and reminds everyone that you can do math.
- We launched MyLivePD, the very first personalized, live coaching service for teachers, thanks to a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Our favorite 2011 Tweet: “@tutordotcom is my favorite thing of the day. Just used it for first time (via iPad app) & it turned homework headache into a grin. Yay!”
- Our favorite 2011 Facebook post: “is it nerdy for me to like be in love with tutor.com? oh. well ANIOKEA. I know where I’m coming for help nowww!” (ANIOKEA is slang for ‘I don’t care’ in Hawaii).
- Our client care and sales teams travel thousands of miles a year. The favorite trip from 2011 comes from Susan Del Rosario. She attended the Alaska Library Association Conference in Juneau. In February. Average temperature is below freezing. Average number of daylight hours is 10. The trip was awesome. The scenery stole the show including a trip to Mendenhall Glacier that left Susan “speechless”.
- We like to eat. And our office mom, Mrs. Musguire (marketing director Jill Musguire’s real mom) keeps us well fed. Our favorite treats this year were clothespin cookies, sugar cookies, Halloween cookies, walnut kolachi and snicker doodles. Yum. The pancakes topped with our CEO’s maple syrup fresh from his very own maple trees weren’t half bad either.
We hope you had a memorable 2011. We look forward to working with all of our clients and students in 2012!