The end of the year is an excellent time to sit back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished in the 51 weeks that have just passed. We have much to celebrate and we’re even more excited about 2011. Below, in no particular order, are the accomplishments we’re most proud of from 2010.
- 6 Million Sessions – We had our 6 MILLIONTH session! That’s a lot of happy students and completed homework. Check out this video of the NYC office celebrating as we watch the session counter flip over.Our six millionth session came from The Jersey State Library and was in 8th grade Algebra. The happy student had this to say (unedited):““WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I love this program!!!!!!!!!!! :)”
- Tutor.com To Go – Our first mobile app was released this past fall and Apple recognized us as a top 10 education app. Students can browse our SkillsCenter resources by subject and topic anytime. In 2011, we’ll release an app that lets you connect to a tutor. You can download this free app in iTunes.
- Notable Press – We were featured in a very cool segment by Mario Armstrong on CNN. We were also excited to be a Hint from Heloise! Having Heloise’s column write about the value that libraries are providing to their communities was a real treat.
- K-12 Public School Partners – We are now working with some of the largest school districts, as well as several smaller and mid-sized districts. Read about how algebra and geometry students at East Baton Rouge School District are using Tutor.com!
- Professional Development Grant – The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation awarded a grant to Tutor.com to develop and launch a brand new professional development model – on-demand professional development service for math teachers.
- Support for U.S. Military Families – We couldn’t be more proud to help support our men and women in uniform and their families. In 2010, thanks to the Department of Defense eligible military members and their families used Tutor.com to get help with school and career questions at no cost. We expect to serve thousands more in 2011. To find out more about this program visit www.tutor.com/military.
- New Midtown Address – After a decade of working in the historic South Street Seaport district in NYC, we moved to midtown Manhattan, right next to the NYPL and Bryant Park. Check out pictures of the new space and come and visit us if you’re in town.
Have a great New Years!