There are lots of great recommendations for summer reading lists (including ALA’s Top 100 Super Summer Reads for Teens) and we are always looking for a great book for the beach, long car rides (if someone else is driving, of course!) and just sitting outside with some lemonade and SPF 50.
Sometimes you need not only a great book, but a book that feels “seasonal.” That’s why we have compiled our “Summer” Summer Reading List!
All of the books on this list take place over summer break. Can’t you just feel the ice cubes clinking together?
- Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
- Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Samurai’s Garden by Gail Tsukiyama
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- The Hot and Cold Summer by Joanna Hurwitz
- Summerland by Michael Chabon
- Fever, 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
Don’t forget the tried-and-true classics!
What are your favorite summer-themed books?